Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Don't Judge Me.

Okay, so I just created a third blog. Not that the second one is getting any views at all, really--that's not actually the point. The point is that I am tired of feeling like I have to qualify every time I post links on the first/real/main one. Usually I'm posting them because I was reading/watching them and don't want to lose them, but I'm too lazy to make use of universal bookmarks. So.


Current open-tab list is as follows:

An article I ran across last week on how the Democrats might be winning the war, though they lost a battle.

Sara's blog post about NaNoWriMo, which I have been meaning to read but haven't yet gotten to.

A photographic list of amusing septic carrier tank slogans, posted on facebook by my uncle.

An article about the rather horrifying and, honestly, utterly counterproductive (economically, sociopolitically, environmentally, and medically speaking) slaughter of dolphins in Japan. Is it just me, or does it almost seem like they're <i>trying</i>* to make people hate them**?

A news clip video about a small town which banded together to keep Westboro Baptist "Church" away from the funeral of a soldier and member of their community. Very hopeful.

A video depicting an attempt to interview Jake Lloyd, the actor who, as a child, played the young Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. He isn't very charismatic. I think maybe we could be friends.


Lastly, I don't really know much Guster music, but somebody posted this song on facebook (the source of most of my internet reading/time wasting), and I liked it:




I would like to say that it just took me about four tries to get Blogger to actually embed that video, rather than just passive-agressively post the embed code. What did I ever do to you, Blogger?*
























*Screw you, Blogger. I type the html code, you translate the html code. That's how this is supposed to work. I don't know what your problem is, but we are going to have to have a talk.

**It occurs to me that this could be taken as a racist statement. Please note that I do not have racist opinions of people of Japanese descent. I just have a difficult time dealing with certain aspects of Japanese culture. I know that there is a lot more to Japan, and that I am poorly educated in this area. I also acknowledge that American culture has a lot of crappy stuff in it too.

2 comments:

  1. you racist! no i knew what you meant, even without the clarification. and if you want more on septic tanks, my mom posted pictures of our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you, at least, understood. As you are my one visitor thus far, I am pleased to announce that I have a 100% success rate with regard to clarity. Pretty good record, if I do say so myself.

    Thanks for telling me about the pictures! It hasn't shown up on my blogger updates. Did she post them on fb?

    ReplyDelete