Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Links I've been dropping off here for the past couple of days:

First, Letters of Note. This blog is definitely worth your time. The moderator posts, as promised, letters of note--first a scan of the original document(s), and then a typed transcription. Today I read an exchange between Abraham Lincoln and an eleven year old girl who told him that he should grow a beard in order to improve his chances in the presidential election. There was another letter, another time, written to Brian Wilson (of the Beach Boys) by his father.


This next one is an article from the Christian Science Monitor on the views of Republicans and the views of Democrats. I haven't read through it yet; I clicked to it, read the first few, and had to move on to something else. It looks worthwhile, though.



Kiva is a program that provides microfinancing to deserving people in developing economies. Click for a summary of their philosophy and mission.

I want this. So badly. Apparently we owned the set when I was younger, and my mother is of the opinion that nothing tops the Lionel Jeffries version of Winnie The Pooh. I have looked everywhere, and this is the cheapest version I have found. This is driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment