Friday, December 10, 2010

Nerdiness revealed. Reveled in.

I mentioned elsewhere online, and many times to innocent bystanders aloud, that I have a serious thing for the writings of Neil Gaiman, and incidentally also for his website*. Turns out he was on NPR, and I missed it. Luckily, there does appear to be a God, and this interview has been safely catalogued on the internet for our listening pleasure. And such a pleasure it was. Please listen here.


There is a HHG fan club. Did you know? Hitchhker's Appreciation Society ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha.


On the topic of awesome websites, Ok Go has a pretty great one as well. I recommend it. I have taken the liberty of linking you to their "videos" page, which, horrifyingly, is missing my original favorite Ok Go video ever*: The Ping Pong Instructional video. I have located it elsewhere:




On an entirely different note, I have been listening to more country music radio than usual lately. Here in my lovely city we are blessed with two whole country music stations, which provides a lot of commercial-avoidance opportunities. (When this fails, I also flip through the alternative stations, the indie station, and the Christmas music station. If those all fail me, there's always NPR. As a last resort, cds, or silence.) I have begun to mentally compile a "this is my dream for my life" song list. So far it mostly includes a song entitled "Redneck Yacht Club." Don't judge me.

You can look it up if you want, but I am choosing not to inflict Craig Morgan's obnoxious head-bobble on you against your will.

The other song, less firmly decided, is Sugarland's latest song, "Stuck Like Glue." This one I'm not linking you to because the official video is one of those that doesn't follow the actual message of the song. Look it up if you like. Just so you know, if you are one of those who isn't a fan of the genre, Sugarland tends to be less annoyingly country than many other bands.


























*I've linked you to the "Cool Stuff & Things" page, which is the coolest page in my opinion. I feel that I should point out that it will show you different cool stuff and things each time that you click it.

**I say "original favorite" because my favorite changes with pretty much every successive Ok Go video release. I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment